Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NYIGF 2012

This was my first year attending the New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) and wow, pre-tty amazing. If I even attempted to cover everything I saw or experienced I probably wouldn't have to do another post until something like December, so I have decided to cover one topic of interest.....my  pint sized pillow fetish, yes, yes pillow fetish.....

First, let's talk about COCOCOZY.   Besides seeing her wonderful collection, I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting it up with Coco.  What a FABULOUS personality, completely INSPIRING! I have been a fan of her blog for some time, such a thrill to meet in person. I luv the clean sophistication of her graphic designs along with the serene color palette, then adding splashes of bold of colors.

(photo: courtesy of: Cococozy)

(photo: courtesy of: Cococozy)

These were some of my personal favorites:



Another fav was PEHUEN Home.  Description for this line...LUX with a capital La La LUX and at the same time a very comfortable and casual feel.  Casual and chic, always a winning combination for me.



And just when I think I have been CHEVRON-ED TO DEATH....it pulls me back in..
I seriously wanted to roll around in this booth and bury my face in these throws, but rest assured I did exercise professional restraint...this time.


My next stop,  Ryan Studio.  I named their collection "The Bold and The Beautiful"(I know, I know). Bold colors and patterns, Beautifully executed.





Then I sauntered over to Eco-Accents.  Always curious about what people are coming up with in our "Eco" world so I took a peek.  


I love the "tongue and cheekiness" of their ocean/beach themed collection. The graphics are intentionally fun and sketchy, almost caricature like with vibrant colors.   The fabrics, appropriately casual (burlap, jute fringe and natural cotton).  They offer way more than pillows so check out their website http://ecoaccents.com/




After my pillow haze, I stumbled on this little gem of a company Liebenswert which means "lovable" in German.  My mother would call it a "wash tub" plain and simple, but they have made it into whimsical outdoor seating.  The top/seat is removable with storage inside, very solid and sturdy.  I love creative thinking outside the box.  Casual, Cute and yes, Lovable.......so apropos.


I can so see these on a deck at a great casual summer party!
(Please ignore legs in the  shot, I am working on my photog skillz.)



I thought their marketing material design was pretty "Liebenswert" too.



My final NYIGF 2012 inspiration exhibitor gaining major cool points for overall fabulousness-ness is, drum roll please.....STAY TUNED.   I feel an inspired illustration coming on.....









No comments:

Post a Comment